Monday, June 25, 2012

First Time Pub Story

I have a fear in social life as I don't know how to mingle with people. I don't have much confident in my life especially having hearing aids. It didn't give me the full benefits I need to hear better in a difficult noisy situation until one day...


One day, I went to the (non-smoking) gastropub birthday party for the first time. My long-time friend succeeded in persuading me to go after several times of my refusal. You never know that before I went there, I had butterflies in my gut and almost wanted to vomit. These were due to my extreme fears of people and social life.


Inside the gastropub, I was very surprised that I didn't feel any disturbing noisy environment. I almost forgot that I was wearing a new brand of hearing aids- Exsilent QleafPro. There is one thing I didn't aware of it. I almost laughed out loud.


When my two lady friends wanted to share an order with me and asked me the choice of food. I told them that you girls could choose the food you wanted as long as there was no beef. I told them many times regarding that. I was astonished to see the order coming in front of us- BEEF BURGER. Oops, I told them; " I thought there is no beef?!?!?" They thought that I want any beef. And they apologized me for not hearing correctly because of too noisy in the pub. They hardly heard me.  Ohhh, but I hear them loud and clear. lolx! I never stop giggling. (They didn't know I am wearing new hearing aids XD) I didn't know too that they were tired in the pub because of the noise.



I never thought that Exsilent QleafPro really works very well in an extremely noisy environment. It is my first time to enjoy this kind of event although my social communication is not pretty good but at least it solves the basic foundation of my hearing. The only disadvantage of QleafPro in this gastropub is that it keeps switching the listening programs on its own without my tapping. I am not sure if this is the result of the sound of high-tone low frequency in drumming music coming from a rock band.

No comments:

Post a Comment