Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My “Instant Happy” Happiness Tool


Karen Salmansohn is one of my favorite authors. I read most of her books, gives me a huge laugh, and teaches me timeless wisdoms.  Love it!

She shared some of her happiness tools that come from her bestselling book - "Instant Happy".  All her messages in the book reminded me of my journey to my difficult years in the past from the beginning life of my hearing-impaired at the age of 10- a slow learner, unresolved distorted and mumbled sounds from hearing aids for many years, unable to speak until the age of 10 and has difficulty in comprehending words , the sudden death of my father at age 17, the verbal abuse from some of my family members, relatives, classmates, teachers, and others.  In short, I was unhappy childhood life. But only one quote from the INSTANT HAPPY book that changes my life throughout the years which becomes my "Instant Happy" Happiness tool. I'll tell you in a while. hehe

One day, I grew tired dependent on them, to being slaves to them, and to please them.  That was when I was 19 years old. I said to myself in a "movie" mind that I wanted to understand words.  I didn't care if I didn't hear them. I didn’t care too if my hearing aids didn't work for me. All I want is to learn the English language and how to use those words to communicate with people in order to fight the right, to tell the truth, and to stand my feet on the ground! That's all I want and nothing else.

Then, I pray to God to help me to achieve my impossible dream.  Suddenly, my inner voice spoke to me in  typewritten words inside my mind and said- "YOU CAN DO IT! YOU GOTTA FAITH IT TO MAKE IT!" For me, at that time, those words were too aliens to me. I felt like it came from other planets. However, I follow my intuition to work for me heartily. At the age of 24, I started hiring different English teachers, practicing trials and errors in writing, forcing myself to read at least 70 books, and many more. I have achieved my dream today at the age of 28.5 but I still keep improving writing everyday through self-studying.

Now, I understand that word "faith" and is the most important powerful word above all else. Faith is a full package of “believe yourself”, “trust the power within”, and “love all your imperfections”. Because of that, you gotta faith it to make it work! Better than the word “fight”. Make sense!

This poster below is worth to keep it as my greatest “instant” happiness tool. Look, it is color green which means, GO, GO, GO!!! My dear, have faith and keep going!


From Karen Salmansohn's "Instant Happy" book


Hope you enjoy reading! :)

If you like it and want to inspire with powerful quotes/messages, I suggest you to have a look for "Instant Happy" book at www.notsalmon.com/instant-happy-book

xoxo :)




2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    My name is John and I have a quick question about your blog! Could you please email me? I love that quote, everything and everyone who has made a difference started with a simple idea and just a little "faith and belief." I look forward to hearing back from you!

    Thank you,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,

    Thank you for your reply and love my blog. :) I already email you.

    ReplyDelete