Monday, February 25, 2013

No Class Today, Happy or Not Happy?

How many of you hear of these message, -"No Class Today, Yey!!!!" ? Almost all, right? What did they do if they don't have classes? They go to sleep, hang out with friends, buzzing through facebook, watch TV and other entertainment activities. 

Hearing this, my reaction is, "Sad, very sad". Because young people know what they want in life, but they just don't know how to do it. Schools don't provide those things on how to manifest their greatest desires in life. That's a big problem here in all schools around the world.  But I'm happy that they have the enjoyments they want such as going to party, enjoy bonding with people, etc. In my case, my struggle with difficulty in understanding words and not be able to hear well blocks the social happiness of my young life. Kinda lonely, though.

Back then, in my school days, I had problems with understanding with words, no matter how hard I tried to find ways to just get the meaning of those words, it didn't seep into my mind the clear detail of the words. What I did was picturing all those words from the textbooks inside my mind without understanding the meaning. So, I was happy if there were no classes because I was very busy memorizing everything- sometimes I wrote them everything from the book for easier memorization. That's how I survived in my school days, u can pass the exams just memorizing even if you didn't understand everything. Since, I didn't listen to teachers because I didn't understand anything! All I hear was mumbling and I stare their lip movements. Words were pretty confusing and aliens to me!

To be honest with you, it's not easy to live in hearing-impaired life here....there are plenty of things needed to get some training, learning, and so on just to get improving on hearing, listening, and communicating in order to survive in the real world. So, if there are no classes, you know where they are going...

See, why I tell this, because if you are normal hearing and able to study in school, take the chance and keep learning. As parents pay for your education so you can study all you want like yoga, belly dancing, painting, calligraphy,.. etc.. You have plenty of time during school days.... Take advantage of youth...

I myself gave up all creative sides such as piano and drawing just to commit myself to go into the world of understanding English words even if it is impossible to accomplish. 

So, if you come around no class again, think of what you do to make you happy that makes your life worth for. :)

From Google Image. Busy jotting down! :)


Hope you enjoy your day! :)

xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment